[mythtv-users] IR Out on HD-PVR

Rob bertaboy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 13:29:18 UTC 2016

For the HD-PVR owners out there, does anyone have experience wiring their
HD-PVR's IR-OUT to their STB's IR-IN?  I've recently gotten a Motorola QIP
7100-2 and am trying to figure out how to control it via the HD-PVR without
buying the IR blaster.  From the looks of things, the HD-PVR's IR-OUT is
TRRS and the STB might be TRS.  Any guidance from people's experience or
where I should go to bone up on how to make my own cross-over cable if the
STB is TRS and not TRRS?  Or is it just more practical to make/buy an IR
blaster and ignore the STB's IR-IN port?

Thank you in advance,
Rob