[mythtv-users] problems with livetv playback OS X Install

airdrummer air_drummer at verizon.net
Sat Jan 2 22:15:16 UTC 2016

Craig Treleaven wrote:

> It did not “fail silently”; the logs clearly identify that

no, the output i posted was to stdout, not to a log.

 >  your setup is incomplete or broken.

no, as i posted, my setup works just fine using another machine's prefs prefix,
it just doesn't work with whatever default prefs are used.

> the logs_are_  there and the problem is that you have been unable to locate them.
>  You appear to have a significant problem following directions that are clear to most others.

what directions? --logpath /opt/dvr/var/log/mythtv.27 has no logs...where else
might they be?

> It appears that all you need to do is run mythtv-setup on the master backend  and perhaps just fill in a start channel.

and why would f/e config need 2 b set on the b/e?

 > If you don’t like the error; provide a patch that fixes or prevents it.
Otherwise, STFU.

i guess i just likepicking open sores;-)