James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Mon Feb 29 12:47:17 UTC 2016

> On 29 Feb 2016, at 8:00 PM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>

>> Hi e buls script does not work for me. Am I doing something silly?
>> I HAVE Qt 5.5.1 why is it trying to build it?
>>

> It is not trying to build it. But it need the MySQL plugin, and
> unfortunately it's only available as source code inside a sub folder of the
> Qt source code and requires the Qt source code to build.
>
> You can always download that file manually via other
> Means and copy it into the .osx-packager/src folder
>
> .osx-packager folder can be found in the same directory as where you're
> running the perl script.

Jean-Yves thanks lots.
For me osx is a bit alien but I have already got and use the mysql plugin after some packager hell to make a dmg that contains the plugin so the resulting framework contains the mysql plugin.

I’ve looked around some but I cannot get the build script to run, even downloading qt-anywhere-src and putting that in .osx-packager/src where upon the fail occurs after an hour or so.

Is an osx build achievable ?
My entire linux backend is built from git so I’m not naive just overwhelmed by this seemingly impossible task

James