[mythtv-users] 3. Re: Ceton infinitv 6 eth, anyone using it? (David Engel) & (Matt Mossholder)

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 27 17:30:22 UTC 2016

On 02/26/2016 04:47 PM, Douglas Sargent wrote:
> Hi David & Matt,
>
>       thanks for your reply, Purchased the box will be here next week.
>
>      Question, I assume the box get it's IP by DHCP from my router.
> When you add the tuners in Mythtv, what IP address:tuner are you
> using? Does it have a web page similar to the other Ceton products to
> monitor the ETH box?
>
>      Cheers
>
> Doug

A few tips -
1. It has a slow memory leak, so I reboot it once a week. You can do
that with a script.
2. You may need updated firmware ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_15_1_13_152 or
later to get around a problem with newer cable card firmware. It is not
on teh ceton website, get it from here
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=8352
3. It runs very hot, the labels peel off because of the high
temperature. Although that did not cause any malfunction, I got a cheap
fan to put underneath it which solves the problem. It may be designed to
run hot but i am not sure if the cable card is also designed to run so hot.
Peter