[mythtv-users] Kernel version for 0.28

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 12:31:39 UTC 2016

On 24 February 2016 at 20:44, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 7:29 PM, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If you use `./configure --disable-v4l2` does that allow it to build?   It
>> sounds like configure is enabling v4l2 when it should not.

Yes, it does.

I do have (some?) kernel level v4l2 stuff enabled though? (I have
v4l2_common module loaded).

> Agreed, but this is all slightly more complicated
> by recent commits that added a local copy of
> some v4l2 includes (which likely includes recent
> kernel includes presuming a recent variant).
> There was a recent set of fixes for some systems,
> (#12615) but apparently does not support some
> older linux kernels which also do not have the
> various pieces in the various places that something
> presumes.

It looks like that's the issue. I'm on 3.4 which has the kernel level
v4l2 stuff (confusingly, the headers are named the same), but doesn't
seem to include the newer userspace headers that the later kernels
have.

It looks like both the required files are just defines and enums.
Would it be feasable to include a local copy?

> It likely should be a ticket so that
> the stickee can look at the need for additional
> checks.

I'll raise a booog.... here.... https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12667#ticket

Cheers,

Ian