[mythtv-users] Incorrect Refresh with Nvidia 361.28 - Long

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 05:43:08 UTC 2016

On Mon Feb 22 2016 you folks said:

>May not be involved, this should have been solved years ago but.. In the
past the randr? extension could not differentiate video modes with float
point refresh
>rates so a schema of fake integer vertical refresh rates was used. Almost
like your new driver is trying to apply the fake integer value directly..
Could post your /var/log/Xorg.0.log

Both versions provide non integer refresh rates, the only difference I see
is the new one defaults to 50 Hz, a strange choice. I will have to wait for
the weekend to do more data gathering.

The MythtvWiki User Manual:JudderFree has some info but it still shows
integer numbers from xrandr. I don't know when that changed.

>Are you installing with the new GLNVD or the legacy non-GLNVD libraries?
As I recall, the new GLNVD libraries do not support some of the nvidia
proprietary
>capabilities, so some things are likely broken until the apps are updated
with the new GLNVD.

I am pretty sure the default is the legacy libraries. I will look on the
weekend.

>There is an active community over on the nvidia forums for linux users,
and reports of issues are welcome (and as I recall there are instructions
on how to
>submit bug data to nvidia).  I would start there (as it is likely that
only the nvidia devs are going to be able to address any breakage).

I am a member of that forum and will gather the needed info and post, but I
hoped to get some ideas here for troubleshooting. Also, hoping there were
others with a similar setup.
When you have a problem like this it is hard to know where the issue lies.

The process for gathering the info for the Nvidia forum is a little more
difficult now that systemd is used. I had a lot of issues when I upgraded
to F22 with gdm, Wayland, kde crashes, etc. If I had more sense I would
leave things alone!

Thanks for the replies.

Mark