[mythtv-users] Building MythTv frontend for Raspberry Pi 2

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 12:38:38 UTC 2016

On 21/02/16 05:43, Tim Stowell wrote:
> I'm trying to cross compile MythTv Frontend on a Ubuntu host system by
> following the instructions at
> http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythtv_for_rpi.txt.
>
> When I execute mythbuild.sh -2 -Q 5.4.0, I get the following errors:
>

> W: Failed to fetch
> http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/dists/wheezy/Release
> Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-i386/Packages' in Release
> file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)
>
> W: Failed to fetch
> http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/dists/wheezy/Release  Unable to
> find expected entry 'main/binary-i386/Packages' in Release file (Wrong
> sources.list entry or malformed file)
>

> I'm not sure why it's looking for i386 when I'm trying to build for a
> armhf system. Thanks for any advice
I have assumed that the ubuntu you are using is x86_64 (i.e. 64 bit)

Make sure you have the latest mythbuild.sh file, there have been
several  changes since the original post from Lawrence Rust some months
ago.

For the first build I suggest you run :

./mythbuild.sh -2 -Q 5.4.0 -l -v

The -l (letter l)  gives a log file, -v gives more verbose information
on the build, which will help if there are problems. Note the first
build will take a long time (could be several hours depending on your
pc) as it has to build QT5 before building mythtv.

Mike