[mythtv-users] PIP unwatchable on i5-2400 built in HD2000

Per Hatlevik jakeisawake at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 20:18:07 UTC 2016

> Very informative and I am surprised you are just getting just wavy lines
> with VDPAU so I guess that confirms PIP is broken in the frontend.

no, I use PiP and PBP with vdpau and it works just fine. i don't use it
frequently but definitely every once in awhile. i'm using MythTV Version :
v0.27.4 with a cheap (less than $30) NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [GeForce 210]
(rev a2)

Is this something that has been already reported to a bug tracking database?

> I had mentioned HDHomeRun Prime + Comcast because I thought the PIP
> problems might be related to the type of video (perhaps 2 simultaneous
> 720p/1080i streams was straining the Intel HD 2000 GPU more than it could
> handle,  and perhaps a GT 730 better GPU could).

my tuner is a Ceton InfiniTV ETH 6 on comcast but previously i was using a
hdhomerun with no problems.

YMMV!

best regards,

per hatlevik