[mythtv-users] imon lcd device

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 12:18:51 UTC 2016

On 17 February 2016 at 11:22, Marius Schrecker
<marius.schrecker at lyse.net> wrote:

> I'm still unsure as to whether imon is correct, or whether the driver should
> be imonlcd, but imon is what the system chooses, if I don't force something
> else, so maybe that's right.

Per the official docs [1], you need the LIRC imon module available for
the LCDd imonlcd driver to work:

"This driver requires the iMON module included with LIRC v0.8.4a or
newer, available from the LIRC project. The 15c2:0038 device may
require LIRC v0.8.5 or newer."

  [1] http://lcdproc.sourceforge.net/docs/current-user.html#imonlcd-howto

> All the (old) documentation suggests imonlcd and imonlcd was what was
> working before.

The LCDd.conf should configure the imonlcd driver. This is a separate
(non-kernel) driver to the imon module provided with the kernel/LIRC.

I erred in my initial response when I stated I have an LCD in my
Silverstone case - I have a VFD. The VFD uses the imon/imon LIRC/LCDd
combination, the LCD the imon/imonlcd combo.

The LIRC imon module should be able to autodetect your display type
based on its USB ID, so I'd remove any imon-related module options
from /etc/modprobe.d for the timebeing. You could enable debug whilst
you are getting it working, and should only need to specify the
display_type if autodetection fails.

You'll get there!

Nick