[mythtv-users] imon lcd device

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 09:48:02 UTC 2016

Hoi Marius,

Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 10:20:43 AM, you wrote:

> Hello Hika,
>  I do not know this device. Is it as the name suggests a device with
> two way, blaster like, communication? Because if so, that part is not
> supported by the new kernel based event system. It will just support
> it as a standard remote, without the extras. It very probably will
> conflict.
> You might have to go the way of disabling it in the kernel and go for
> an old style lirc set-up. Or be happy with what it does.
>  No, this is a bog-standard Imon LCD with IR receiver only.

> ID 15c2:0038 SoundGraph Inc. GD01 MX LCD Display/IR Receiver

>  It worked fine before (in my ubuntu 12.04 system) using the old
> lirc_imon module for the lcd and event input for IR.

> BR.

> --Marius--

What then is the LCD pointing to? Does it come with a monitor?
Anyway, I guess lirc_imon comes with lirc, but you are now working
through the build in event system in the kernel. Lirc can work with
the event system, but its drivers work with the old /dev/lirc. So you
have to choose which driver you're gona use. The kernel event drivers,
which need most of the time little set-up to work, but mostely only
support defaults or the lirc drivers, which have extra features, but
which setting up can sometimes be a long road.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop