[mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi frontend - Tarball by Lawrence Questions

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 00:03:19 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 5:24 PM, Peter Bennett (cats22)
<cats22 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I don't know what the eventual release method will be. The mythtv
> developers are working on a package build, but I don't know the status.

Packaging for specific platforms/distros is only tangentially
related to the core mythtv itself, although their is a
packaging (sub) repository that maintained for reference
for builds by individuals for specific platforms (whose
content varies in upkeep from excellent (works well
on the target platform) to rarely touched (and likely no
longer works)).  That said, insuring that the core configure
will at least tolerate (if not enable compilation on) most
platforms and architectures (including the RPi) has
certainly occurred.

While I have no idea about the future, the mythtv project
itself has never directly provided binaries, although
individuals directly and indirectly associated with the
project may have done so as individuals or as part of
different groups (jurisdictional concerns likely vary).

You will likely need to look towards the usual suspects
(mythbuntu, rpmfusion, lvr, ?) for packages and/or binaries.
I can not speak for those suspects.  It is also possible
that you (and like minded individuals) will want to start
your own SIG and SD card images at some point.