[mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi frontend - Tarball by Lawrence Questions

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 23:19:21 UTC 2016

On 16-02-16 01:33 PM, Peter Bennett (cats22) wrote:
> On 02/16/2016 01:04 PM, Curtis Gedak wrote:
>> To cross compile I used the following commands:
>>
>> PATH="$PWD/tools/arm-bcm2708/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-raspbian/bin:$PATH"
>> export RASPBIAN_FLAVOUR=jessie
>> ./mythbuild.sh -2 -Q 5.4.0
>>
>> Perhaps I missed something in the build instructions?
>>

> The mythbuild.sh should also be creating a file with name like this
> mythtv-v0.27.5-126-g2b7f6df-RPI2.tar.bz2
> Perhaps your compile is failing somewhere. Does it return zero return
> code (echo $?)
> I had to make a change to mythbuild to disable two plugins that were
> failing compile
> Add the following line
>         plugins="$plugins --disable-mythzoneminder --disable-mythgallery"
> after similar lines around line 2969

Thank you Peter and Mike for your responses.  Based on your advice I
discovered that my build was indeed failing.

>From looking through the mythbuild.log file, I saw a problem with qjson
so I installed libqjson-dev.

I was able to successfully build mythtv after I removed all the compiled
objects, and then added Peter's *plugins* line to disable mythzoneminder
and mythgallery.

Now at the end of the build I have a
mythtv-v0.27.5-128-g3055923-RPI2.tar.bz2 file.  :-)

Thanks again for your help.

Curtis