[mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi frontend - Tarball by Lawrence Questions

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 16 17:24:54 UTC 2016

On 02/16/2016 11:42 AM, Curtis Gedak wrote:
> First, thank you Lawrence Rust for your work to get mythtfrontend
> working on the Raspberry Pi 2.
>
> I am writing a tutorial for using the Raspberry Pi 2 with mythfrontend
> and have a couple of questions.
>
> 1) Are you planning to release an updated tarball for Raspbian Jessie?
>    (E.g. an updated mythtv-v0.27.5-115-g00c0993-RPI2-jessie.tar.bz2)
>
> 2) How did you build the Raspbian Jessie tarball for mythtv-v0.27.5?
>
> Using the mythtv_for_rpi.txt instructions dated Jan 30, 2016, I have
> successfully cross-compiled your fixes-0.27-rpi git branch on a Debian
> Jessie x86 (32 bit) Virtual Machine.
>
> I assume the *mythinstall* directory contains the code to copy to the
> RPi2.  However, when I compare with the above mentioned tarball I
> noticed that only the *bin*, *lib*, *plugins*, and *share* directories
> are included.  Those in addition to some subdirectories, such as perl
> and python2.7.  My guess is that these subdirectories might come from
> additional plugins, but I am unsure.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Curtis Gedak
> Linux Crumbs
> http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/

The code to copy to the RPI is in the tar.bz2 file that is created in
the directory below mythinstall, mythbuild, mythtv, etc. The mythinstall
directory contains a lot of extra unneeded stuff.

I am working on bug fixes for it and also have a 0.28 version that is
working.

I don't know what the eventual release method will be. The mythtv
developers are working on a package build, but I don't know the status.

I have held off on creating any wiki documentation on it until I know
the eventual package distribution method.

Peter