[mythtv-users] SOLVED changed hostname - lost storage groups

Marius Schrecker marius.schrecker at lyse.net
Mon Feb 15 09:46:33 UTC 2016

A complete log lets those trying to answer see lines
that verify the version and see "Using configuration directory"
lined etc. I recall early log entries that warn of Storage Group
issues if present.

--
Bill
 Turned out to be a combo of getting the hostname right in all mythtv and system configs, and remembering to check that the backend service was actually starting, as systemd blocks the service if it fails too many times.

In the end it just started working, so am not sure which fix caused it.

 For the moment I have the rather chicken approach of replacing real hostnames and network addies with localhost and 127.0.0.1,  The day I try to add a new frontend to my network will be the day I break everything again.  Until then, I'm happy.

 Thanks for all the input!

BR.

--Marius