[mythtv-users] ALSA/HDMI Losing my mind, ripping out hair

Lee Maisel maisel at lobo.net
Fri Feb 12 18:38:14 UTC 2016

On 2/12/2016 12:34 AM, faginbagin wrote:
> Hi Lee, Have you tried a different HDMI cable? Have you unplugged the
> TV and then plugged it back in? The above have cleared occasional
> problems I've seen with video signals. Maybe they'll fix your audio
> problem. As for getting X to work with a new video card, you'll need
> to boot in recovery mode where you'll get the option to start X in
> failsafe mode which should give you more options to get X working with
> the new card. HTH, Helen

Thanks Helen,

Yes, I have had issues like that before with video, and thought maybe it
was the same deal, so I reset everything, unplugged, replugged, etc.  No
change.

Still thinking it's either a hardware failure OR a resources problem.
The funny thing is, there are no error messages with the driver, and I
can see the card with aplay -l but in MythTV FE setup, when I select the
correct card and settings, it claims it's invalid.   If it was hardware,
I would think that it would not see the card, or since it DOES see the
card, just accept it, and then audio would just not come out.  But it
sees the card, and then complains that it's not valid.   UGH.

Lee

---