[mythtv-users] ALSA/HDMI Losing my mind, ripping out hair

Lee Maisel maisel at lobo.net
Fri Feb 12 05:37:00 UTC 2016

No, I changed no hardware before the problem happened, in fact have
updates and all that turned off, as the system was doing everything I
wanted.

I assume a hardware fault at this point, but here's the catch-22:

I disabled the on board video and installed an HDMI card, and on bootup,
everything displays, also the MythBuntu splash screen, etc, but when it
goes to the desktop, obviously the screen blacks out (no signal) because
of the different card.

How in the heck do I get in there to change it to the new card?

Thanks,

Lee