[mythtv-users] OT...Using vnc on higher resolution screens

Ben bkamen at benjammin.net
Fri Feb 12 05:19:45 UTC 2016

On 2/11/2016 5:17 PM, Another Sillyname wrote:
> I realise this is not a mythtv issue but I know a number of people on
> the list use vnc and they may find this useful.

On linux, you can set the screen size. You can also on some distros use
the normal desktop (like gnome) and run tightvncserver as a completely
headless session (as opposed to running a session linked to the local
desktop).

 From there, that lets you set the font somewhat easily for things going
on in that desktop.

On the other hand, I use RealVNC's paid version (personal edition -
which is really affordable) which does scaling.

FWIW....

Cheers,

  -Ben