[mythtv-users] Missing channels

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Feb 11 20:57:59 UTC 2016

On 02/10/2016 12:53 PM, Michelle Dupuis wrote:

> *From:***Daryl McDonald
>
>> Channels can be added manually in channel editor or by rescanning, or
>> if this is a cable feed then re fetch the channel lineup then next
>> mfdb will include them automatically, as MTD has already said.
>>

> That’s the strange part, mfdb didn’t automatically add them…

The "Fetch channels from listings source" button in mythtv-setup (which
uses mythfilldatabase) should add them.  I think that should always
work, but it may not in certain cases when you already have an existing
set of channels in the database and--due to your specific combination of
input types and channel types--it decides doing so would do more harm
then good.  If that's the case you would need to explicitly run
mythfilldatabase --do-not-filter-new-channels to get new channels added
on top of your old.  I don't know for certain if "Fetch channels..."
would work in those circumstances because I've never tried--because IMHO
it's always better to delete the Video Source and then fetch so
everything is correct (instead of leaving old garbage or, worse,
breaking existing channels or something).

Mike