[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not logging

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Feb 11 19:27:39 UTC 2016

On 02/11/2016 02:15 PM, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:

> On Thursday, February 11, 2016 12:59:26 PM Bill Meek wrote:
>
> > On 02/11/2016 12:55 PM, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
>
> > > But, why isn't the backend-run fill logged?
>

> > See if the answer here helps you:
>

> > https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12169
>
> Thanks! I would never have discovered that.
>
> For other readers, if MythFillDatabasePath isn't exactly
> "mythfilldatabase" it's considered an external program and
> MythFillDatabaseArgs and MythFillDatabaseLog are ignored.
>
> Did I understand that right?

If the "Guide data program" setting's (what you've called
MythFillDatabasePath) value isn't exactly "mythfilldatabase" (no
quotes), mythbackend will not automatically pass logging arguments to
whatever program it runs.  The "Guide data arguments" are still passed
to the executable, and could include custom logging options (i.e. to
allow mythfilldatabase to run at a different logging level from
mythbackend, even when mythfilldatabase is started by mythbackend by way
of a custom script).  If the "Guide data program" setting's value is
exactly "mythfilldatabase" and the "Guide data arguments" do not contain
any MythTV-appropriate logging arguments (such as -v or --logpath or
whatever), mythbackend will pass those arguments not supplied using the
same values as were used for mythbackend.

MythTV doesn't have a MythFillDatabaseLog setting.

Mike|