[mythtv-users] Different mythfilldatabase commands for different sources

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 23:39:34 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 5:50 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hoi Ian,
>

> So if I understand right:
> - According to the log the cron job does not update the automatic
>   scheduling. But as you said:
> >  One quick note...the UK xml grabbing run for the HLS channel ran at
> >  midnight as per my cron job. The information screen said that the next
> >  suggested run time will be at midnight...there was no automatic run of
> the
> >  Schedules Direct mythfilldatabase so that listings info was not updated.
> - Have you since ran SD manually. What then does the log say? Also,
>   what information screen do you mean? And where does that screen gets
>   its info from? Bill, is there also an api call to query the db value
>   containing the next run? If so query it before and after every run.

I mean the Information Screen on the frontend: Information Center>System
Status>Listings Status

If I run the SD run manually, the log shows that it updates the
MythFillSuggestedRunTimeto the random time chosen by SD. However when the
UK grabber/mythfilldatabase script runs it immediately changes the
MythFillSuggestedRunTime to the cron time+ 24hrs.