[mythtv-users] Different mythfilldatabase commands for different sources

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 17:14:46 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 4:52 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 3:44 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> You can try in your cronjpb to run it in two parts as I wrote earlier.
>> First run the grabber putting the output in a tmp-file en the
>> mythfilldatabase importing from that file. You then can unset the
>> grabber in your source. This is how I always do it and I see no
>> interference in between the sources.
>>
>> `--quiet --config-file <home>/.mythtv/<source-name>.conf --output
>> /tmp/<some-tmp-name>`
>>
>> `mythfilldatabase --file --xmlfile /tmp/<some-tmp-name> --sourceid
>> <the-source-id>`
>> You can add log options like for instance:
>> `--syslog local5`
>>

> I've setup up the two part cron job. Will see how it goes for a few days.

One quick note...the UK xml grabbing run for the HLS channel ran at
midnight as per my cron job. The information screen said that the next
suggested run time will be at midnight...there was no automatic run of the
Schedules Direct mythfilldatabase so that listings info was not updated.

Is there a possibility that the regular random mythfilldatabase run for the
Schedules Direct channels won't get triggered because the suggested time
will always be at the cron time?