[mythtv-users] All recordings disappeared

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 9 22:41:44 UTC 2016

> On 10 Feb 2016, at 1:36 am, Saul <jaglover at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 8 Feb 2016 17:52:13 -0600
> Saul <jaglover at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 8 Feb 2016 15:09:51 -0600
>> Saul <saul at asclinux.com> wrote:

>>> Nope.

>>> My bad I didn't look earlier. Lots of files are "not found". Me
>>> scratching head now. If BE deleted them it should not be complaining
>>> they are missing, right? OTOH, it is ZFS pool with no errors (1.2 TB
>>> free), so I do not think ZFS or OS are to blame.
>>
>> Correction. Many files are missing, but many are also orphaned. Scary.
>
> OK, it happens on my main FE only. What can be possibly wrong with this
> frontend? Live TV works, watching videos works. But no recorded shows,
> the message is "No recordings exist".
>
> --
> Cheers, Saul

LiveTV and recordings are probably going to different storage groups. Double check storage group setup and that the BE and FE users have appropriate permissions to folders in each storage group.

Possibly FE has the recordings storage folder mounted locally but the FE user doesn't have the correct permissions to access local mount?

Otherwise double check TCP connection 3306 to the MySQL database (unlikely) and TCP 6543, 6544 to mythbackend (maybe?).