[mythtv-users] ProcessPAT: Program not found in PAT. Desired program # not found in PAT

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 18:29:26 UTC 2016

Hoi Jason,

> On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 12:43 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> Hoi Jason,
>>
>> Tuesday, February 9, 2016, 6:31:06 PM, you wrote:
>>
>> > This discussion is falling into useless semantics.
>>
>> > I've done all the recommended fixes in this thread, but nothing has
>> worked.
>>
>> > What types of logs should I collect so that the mythtv team can address
>> the
>> > issue?
>>
>> > Thanks!

>> for
>> >>

>> As you keep stubbornly top-posting! Look at the etiquettes!
>>
>> Tot mails,
>>   Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

> aha. gmail and listservs don't get along well, apparently. sorry.

What you have to do is to gather anything and I mean anything that
differs at the moment the problem arises. That includes:
- Any variable or setting in which the channel differs from others
- Any pointer in the characteristics of the failing recording compared
  to others
- The time you record. Maybe it always is around a certain time and is
  it coincidence that at that time you record from that channel. When
  I had that problem with the RTV splitter, I never could reproduce it
  when testing. It always happened in the evening, when I couldn't
  test, but also when there is a lot more activity around!
- Do you always when it happens do something. You know the infamous
  story about people unexplainable dying in a certain hospital bed?
  They could find nothing, until they discovered a cleaner regularly
  unplugged a machine to power the vacuum cleaner! (actually from a
  detective story)
- Does any machinery turn on/off when it happens even outside the
  house? An older refrigerator for instance can cause disturbance.
- Do you run certain software, when it happens.
- etc
- etc
- etc

Things like this often are something so stupidly simple, you just
simply don't think about it! Just endlessly check, test and compare.
And then when you change something completely unrelated, as you think
then, the error is gone!

Maybe something creates an aerial disturbance around that 501 MHz, but
only when something else at the same time happens. Maybe some not
completely perfect connection, somewhere, maybe not even connected to
the computer, but on the same mains. Maybe moving the computer to
another electrical power group.

Anything.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com