[mythtv-users] Bravo TV - Audio coming in as AC3 Castillian by default

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Fri Feb 5 20:20:32 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-02-05 at 11:24 -0500, Phil Bridges wrote:
> I noticed recently that shows I'm recording have lip sync issues that
> I couldn't correct with the delay.  Finally, I went to "Audio Track
> Select" while a video was playing, and it listed two options:
>

> (1) English (clean effects)
> (2) Castilian AC3 2 CH
>

> and (2) was selected.
>

> Has anybody seen this before?  What can I update to make sure track 1
> is played by default?

I believe MythTV has always picked the high ranked audio stream.
It ranks AC3 > PCM/MPEG/AAC & more ch > less ch.
I routinely select 2 ch AAC over the AC3-5.1 for one broadcaster.
The keyboard minus "-" key rotates thru' the available streams.

What is needed is a per channel preferences/overrides to select audio
stream (& volume offset) & subtitles & possibly video playback settings.
Maybe audio sync offsets ? (not a problem here but..)