[mythtv-users] Upgrading older mythbuntu

Marius Schrecker marius.schrecker at lyse.net
Thu Feb 4 09:36:57 UTC 2016

Hi,

 Sory if this question has already been answered many times, but I'm a bit uncertain regarding the best workflow, now that mythbuntu will no longer be providing ISO's.

  My old mythbuntu 12.04 installation has been running quite happily and for quite some time now, without updates. But the time has come to both partially update the hardware (new disks etc.) clean up and update the installation.  So my question is what is the best practice for doing so?

I was thinking of performing a fresh install of the latest ubuntu (flavour? Lubuntu/Xubuntu/other suggestions or desktops...), then adding the Mythtv control centre package and dependencies, restoring my old mythtv 0.24? database and installing/updating mythtv from there.

Is this the best workflow?

 BR.

--Marius--