[mythtv-users] icons

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Thu Feb 4 01:51:24 UTC 2016

> On 3 Feb 2016, at 8:00 PM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>
>> PS the test* ie browse the icons does NOT work
>
> Your DB looks correct (assuming the names in the DB
> match those in ~mythtv/.mythtv/channels.) And assuming
> your backend runs as user mythtv. OK, and that you
> *didn't* create a ChannelIcons Storage Group.
>
> If: yourBackend:6544/Guide/GetChannelIcon?ChanId=1012
> doesn't work, then the next thing I'd do is look in the
> backend log. But only after doing this:
>
>     mythbackend --setverbose upnp
>
> and then trying to get the icon from your browser again.
>
> Expect to see entires in the log for your browser test.
> Or, there may be error messages like: 'GetImageFile - Unable to find...'
> etc.

First thanks for the replies and help.
Second I have got them working
    fiddled the DB to reflect Icons I did have
    I downloaded icons (again)
    Stopped and started the backend

I will resolve all in 0.28 meanwhile the issues are ignorable (and do not compute):

    yourBackend:6544/Guide/GetChannelIcon?ChanId=1001

shows an icon that is NOT in ~mythtv/.mythtv/channels

There are a few icon discreprencies
eg I have no food channel icon and the DB shows null but an Icon I don’t have displays !!!

James

PS for non english readers ‘do not compute’ means utterly strange, I can’t believe it.