[mythtv-users] HD-PVR2 support (please vote)

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 22:37:27 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 3:12 PM Mitch Capper <mitch.capper at gmail.com> wrote:

> There was a plan A involving Devin Heitmueller and commercial driver, this
> seemed the most feasible route.  Anything else is relying on the
> manufacturer making changes and some massive developer support.  So the
> question was more around if there were any plans to try and proceed with a
> commercial option.

Devin would have to confirm, but I don't believe that he felt there was
enough interest to make it worth is while.   He did say that if I got the
necessary improvements to the External Recorder done, that he might
re-consider.  I am working on the External Recorder, and when I get it done
I will reach back out to him.   After looking at the code the Hauppage is
providing, the work necessary to get it integrated will not be trivial, so
I personally would happily pay Kernel Labs for a polished solution.

John