[mythtv-users] Different mythfilldatabase commands for different sources

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 18:33:30 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 11:50 AM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 7:02 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hoi Ian,
>>
>> Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 12:09:41 PM, you wrote:

>> via
>> adjust

>> > Might be one of those "don't configure after a sleepless night" issues
>> but
>> > a few questions:
>>
>> > 1) after using mythtv-setup to configure the atlas grabber, it it exits
>> > with a status 0 after selecting the channels in the feed. What is
>> status 0?
>>
>> > 2) mythtv-setup creates the .xmltv directory under /home/ian shouldn't
>> it
>> > be under /home/mythtv?
>>
>> > 3) if it should be my /home/ian directory, should I be changing
>> permissions?
>>
>> > Thanks.
>>
>> 1 Exitstatus by default means OK
>>

>> 2 It creates the .xmltv directory in the current home directory, so
>> you should run it as user mythtv. Very probable you could copy over
>> the directory and content to the mythtv home directory
>> (/home/mythtv/.xmltv or /var/lib/mythtv/.xmltv under mythbuntu) and
>> change ownership (chown -R mythtv.mythtv /home/mythtv/.xmltv)
>>

> I don't think the exit was okay here. After it exits with exit status 0, I
> looked in the ,xmltv directory and no tv_grab_uk_atlas.conf had been
> created and the atlas api key does not appear to have been stored anywhere.

I was able to manually configure the grabber by running "tv_grab_uk_atlas
--configure" from the command line.

Moved it to /home/mythtv

ran mythfilldatabase as the mythtv user. First it grabbed my Schedules
Direct info for the North American source.

It then ran the HLS source but errored out.

1) It said it was looking for a config file called HLS.xmltv. I don't know
where that's specified or how to change it to the grabber's config file.

2) If I continue to let mythfilldatabase run at a time specified by
Schedules Direct, how do I specify the --refresh 0-99 asked for in the wiki
page for myth and metabroadcast? Do I have to make a cron entry for a
manual run for the HLS source?