[mythtv-users] DVB technical issues about scan

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sat Dec 31 01:29:00 UTC 2016

Hi
when I scan I get duplicates (and conflicts)

As I understand

Each station has its own frequency (where ever the transmitter is)
Packet 1234 as an echo is indishingable from packet 1234 from another transmitter.
Either the CRC is correct and the packet is used or it is wrong and myth or the card does something (maybe wait to see if there is a good packet, maybe uses it broken whatever)

Googling gives bugs and reasons for conflicting channels

As I understand deleting all the conflicts is the correct behaviour as each channel receives all the packets so signal strength is not an issue. As I see channel 7 - freq n mux 1 and channel 7 freq n (from far away) mux 2 is the only case where one ‘7’ is better than another ‘7’. Does such a thing ever happen?

Can I delete all conflicts?

James