[mythtv-users] "Using xxx Template" displayed in theme

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sat Dec 24 11:20:11 UTC 2016

On 24/12/16 04:01, Phill Edwards wrote:
> I have traditionally used MythCenter-wide as my theme. I'm running
> MythBuntu so thought I'd try the MythBuntu theme. When I'm setting a
> recording for a movie in MythCenter and select "Edit recording rule" it
> displays text "Using Movie Template" which is a set of pre-configured
> recording settings when recording a movie. I find this very helpful, but
> MythBuntu doesn't seem to display if any template is being used.
>
> Is this just a limitation of MythBuntu or do I need to do something to
> "turn it on"?
>
> Regards,
> Phill

It's down to the theme whether to show it or not. You could contact the
theme author to add it. It always helps if you can provide a patch or
description of the necessary changes to help the theme author.

If you want to have a play you need to add the 'template' text area to
the 'scheduleeditor' screen.
https://github.com/MythTV-Themes/Mythbuntu/blob/master/schedule-ui.xml#L1880

To complicate things the program details are all grouped together in a
'details' group, probably so it can be reused on many screens, and is
defined in base.xml here:-
https://github.com/MythTV-Themes/Mythbuntu/blob/master/base.xml#L1682

So basically you just have to add something like this into that group.

         <textarea name="template" from="basetextarea">
             <area>516,246,340,28</area>
             <align>left</align>
             <template>%Using |TEMPLATE| Template%</template>
         </textarea>

I've just copied the version from the MythCenter-wide theme so you will
have to change the area to suit and probably have to juggle the
positions if the other text area so they don't over lap.

Paul H.