[mythtv-users] Android client mythling

Donald Oakes donald at oakesville.io
Wed Dec 21 04:47:36 UTC 2016

On 12/20/2016 8:25 PM, Jack McGee wrote:
> I got openvpn server running on my tomato router, so I am now testing
> mythling on my Android phone.
>

> I apparently need to setup HLS streaming.
>
> Using instructions at
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/HTTP_Live_Streaming_Server

For Mythling you don't need to set up HLS Streaming unless you want to
conserve data.  If you're on WiFi, instead of "Stream HLS" try selecting
"Stream File" and "Using Built-In LibVLC Player".  If you previously
told Mythling to remember "Stream HLS", go to Playback settings and
click "Always Prompt for Playback Options".  I updated the wiki page to
try and make this more clear:

https://github.com/oakesville/mythling/wiki

  - Don