[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase: Ignoring unknown timestamp format: 20161231235960

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 22:12:56 UTC 2016

(resending after dns failure)

 On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 3:25 PM, Stuart Auchterlonie
<stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:
> That's not correct, there is a leap second occuring on the 31st
> December this year

And, technically, programs can end on the 60th
second of December 31st.  That MythTV does
not handle a valid time (due to the QDateTime
implementation) should likely have a ticket created,
and marked as closed "wont fix" (or "upstream")
to document the issue for future generations so
that when it hits again (and it will always hit again,
perhaps in some other context) one can point
to the ticket.  Since I believe only devs can open
tickets as closed, I will leave it one of the devs
interested in time.
MythTV could also decide to work to request
that their designated representatives to the next
WRC meeting (in 2023?) that will discuss the
leap second issue argues that the leap second
should be eliminated since it is so difficult to
properly deal with.