[mythtv-users] mySQL privileges question

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 14:33:08 UTC 2016

On 9 December 2016 at 18:16, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

> Since I'm upgrading my router/firewall and changing the subnet from
> 192.168.53.xx to a more standard one, I wanted to find out if this was still
> a necessity.

Not really relevant, but why are you changing it? I fiddle with PCs
quite a bit so am atypical, but many times I've found having a subnet
that's not 192.168.1.x or 192.168.0.x is quite handy. Unless it's much
easier to change it there's no problem staying on your current subnet,
it's a valid private IP range. (and trust me, you'll find something
that you forget to change and it'll baffle you one day. I moved off of
192.168.0.x a few years ago, and found what I think is the last
remnant of it only last week).

Cheers,

Ian