[mythtv-users] !!NoTrans: SQL Error: Table './mythconverg/program' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed [#144]!!

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Mon Dec 12 18:31:27 UTC 2016

When I try to look at Listings on MythWeb I get this:

Fatal Error

!!NoTrans: SQL Error: Table './mythconverg/program' is marked as crashed
and last (automatic?) repair failed [#144]!!

(There's quite a bit more on that page, which I'm happy to post if it's
needed, but didn't want to clutter up this message any further than it
already is.)

I Googled the error message and found a few hits.

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1474178

I tried creating the shell script recommended at:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Periodic_Maintenance#Optimize_the_Database

I had to change the path to match what I have on my Ubuntu 12.04
installation, and got this error:

rsteff at ThinkCentre-M58p:/usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/maintenance$
sudo ./optimize_mythdb.sh
DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table './mythconverg/program' is marked as
crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed at
/usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/maintenance/optimize_mythdb.pl
line 42.

I tried:
rsteff at ThinkCentre-M58p:/usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/maintenance$
mythcommflag --rebuild -f %FILE% -V %VERBOSELEVEL%
MythTV Commercial Flagger, building seek table for:

As you can see, it appears that nothing happened.

I also tried:
rsteff at ThinkCentre-M58p:/usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/maintenance$
mythcommflag --rebuild -j %JOBID% -V %VERBOSELEVEL%
mythcommflag: ERROR: Unable to find DB info for JobQueue ID# 0

I think I understand why this reported what it did, since I don't have
any current jobs.

Next I tried:
rsteff at ThinkCentre-M58p:/usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/maintenance$
sudo mysqlcheck --repair mythconverg
[sudo] password for rsteff:
mysqlcheck: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'
(using password: NO) when trying to connect

I used my user password. I also tried with the password I usually use
for MySQL, but it said, "Sorry, try again." Is there a password Myth
uses for this?

I don't know if it matters, but I access that computer from my desktop
with ssh. When I tried to close the connection with <ctrl>-D, I see
"logout" followed by a blank line. <ctrl>-C finishes the logout. That
isn't what normally happens. Normally <ctrl>-D closes the connection to
the machine. I have no idea if this is in any way related, but I toss it
out here just in case.

What do I need to do to fix this corrupted database problem?

Thanks.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens