[mythtv-users] rsNotListed?

Marc Rawji mrawji at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 18:11:54 UTC 2016

Hello Everyone,

On Saturday, I wanted to record a sporting event. I set up all the timers
and double checked everything.

However, on Sunday when I went to check, looks like the event I wanted
didn't record. I found it in the "oldrecorded" table with a "recStatus" of
6, or rsNotListed.

My understanding of that status (from this thread
http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2006-August/146372.html) is
that if the title of a program changes, MythTv won't record, assuming that
it is no longer the show you actually wanted.

Looking at the timeline, it seems like this would be a possible scenario:
- Set up all recordings around 3:15PM
- Mythfilldatabase ran at 4PM
- Event at 7PM didn't record.

I looked and it's possible that the "Title" of the event changed (fixed
typo) at 4PM.

My guide data is relatively sparse (it's XMLTV based, and I control the
perl script) and includes start time, end time, title and whether or not
the show is HD.

My 2 questions are:
- Is there a way that I can disable that functionality (even if the show
moved, I'd rather it took a chance that it was still rather than do
nothing)?
- Can I put more data into the XMLTV so that title renaming of a title
doesn't trigger this behavior?

Thanks!
Marc