[mythtv-users] Mythtv and Virtualbox?

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sun Dec 11 14:51:22 UTC 2016

On 12/11/2016 09:21 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
> I would use a Core i7 3Ghz 8GB DRAM based system to run all this.  I’d save one computer and one UPS.
>
> Anyone have experience with this and could share some guidance??

I currently run MythBackend at a VM on ESXI 6 free, I'm also running
Nas4Free as a VM.

And, as Stephen said, it depends on if you're using network tuners or
PCI/PCIe cards.  I used to have my PVR-500 in passthru mode on ESXI and
it worked fairly well, but I have since moved over to a HDHR Prime.

The Nas4Free VM has 4GB memory and 2 cores and MythBackend has 4 cores
and 2GB memory.

Everything works quite well for me.

Doug