[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 16.04 and nvidia drivers

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 19:46:37 UTC 2016

Mythbuntu with nvidia driver 367.57 gives the same frame rate problem on my
GT520 card. Downgrading to nvidia driver 340.98 with the "Software &
Updates" app of Ubuntu solves the problem.

The puzzling part is that if you manually specify a framerate with xrandr,
e.g. "sudo xrandr --display :0 --rate 51" with the rate from 50 to 64, each
rate value gives the same frequency setting for both drivers. This suggests
it could be a change in the binary interface to the driver that causes
MythTV to set the wrong frequency.