[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 16.04 and nvidia drivers

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Dec 7 11:59:01 UTC 2016

On 07/12/16 11:04, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi John,
>
> Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 10:19:14 AM, you wrote:
>

>> On 12/06/2016 11:15 PM, Marius Schrecker wrote:
>>> Thanks Hika,

>>> Hmm, so the GT 610 isn't there as it's not considered lagacy hardware.
>>> All the same, the driver seems to work far better than the version I
>>> had installed before. At least when it comes to updating refresh rates.
>>>
>>> Any other GT610 users out there:Please can you say which nvidia driver
>>> you're using with Myth?
>>>
>>>  Thanks
>>>

>> I have a FE with a GT610 that successfully uses the 367.57 driver in
>> Mythbuntu 16.04.
>
>> John
>
> Ah, but Nvidia itself does not guaranty that! If I remember correct
> they place it as a 340 legacy card. It's some time ago I
> used/installed a GT610. I guess you will see warnings in your bootlog
> about things not working properly.

It seems to be listed here for 375.20 - but AIUI it's best to get the
version built for *buntu, rather than the nvidia download.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/111596/en-us

It's also listed on the page for the 340 series:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/107868/en-us

List of drivers at

http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html

Click on driver name, then on 'supported products'

John P