[mythtv-users] Difficulty upgrading system

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 02:36:08 UTC 2016

Hello all,

This isn't a myth-specific question but involves myth components so I
thought I would ask here.

I am trying to upgrade my system, including from Fedora 23 to 24.  I am
using the dnf upgrade tool, but run into this stopper:

Error: Transaction check error:
  file /etc/ld.so.conf.d/nvidia-lib64.conf conflicts between attempted
installs of xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-340xx-libs-1:340.98-1.fc24.x86_64 and
nvidia-driver-cuda-libs-2:375.20-2.fc24.x86_64
  file /usr/share/man/man4/lirc.4.gz conflicts between attempted installs
of man-pages-4.06-2.fc24.noarch and lirc-core-0.9.3a-4.fc24.x86_64

I have googled, and it appears that I should remove lirc-core (and probably
all my nvidia packages) and then do the upgrade and re-install.

My concern is whether I will lose my configurations if I do that.  Lirc is
a PITA to set up and whenever I have to start from scratch, it becomes an
all day project.

Some guidance would be greatly appreciated before I remove the lirc package
and have to reinstall it.  Do I need to redo my config files?  (Nvidia I
think I can handle fine.)

Thanks