[mythtv-users] 2Backends

Andre MythTV mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Mon Dec 5 12:55:52 UTC 2016

> On 5 Dec 2016, at 12:46, James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:
>
> There is lots of mumble on google but little clear answer
>
> I want to run 2 backends on the same network:
> 1 x 0.27 with it’s own machine, db
> 1 x 0.28 with it’s own machine, db
>
> Never the twain shall meet - a 0.27 frontend will goto the 0.27 backend and ditto for the 0.28 suite.
>
> From my user point of view what words of wisdom can I get here?

Set different passwords for the two databases, so that _when_ the wrong backend tries to access the database it doesn’t decide to upgrade or otherwise nadger it for you! Been there done that...

upnp discovery makes if difficult to run two versions on the same network, maybe that can be turned off somewhere these days.

Andre