[mythtv-users] Questions about conversion from analog to digital recording (PVR500 to Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH)

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 19:35:41 UTC 2016

On Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 7:03 PM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
> Do they even sell them any more?  Doing a quick Google search doesn't turn
> anything up that isn't 'out of stock'.

Well, there is the thing.  Ceton's future in the
consumer space is unknown.  With the end
of WMC (Microsoft killed it with Windows 10),
the future market for OCUR tuners is moving
towards zero.  Ceton had a strong commercial
offering, but in the consumer space they have
to do something new.  Over 18 months ago
(after Microsoft made the announcement)
they posted on their website a "We are not
dead yet" message, promising that they were
committed to solutions and (implying) that
RSN they would share their future.  I think
RSN has come and gone.

That said, AFAIK there is nothing wrong with
the existing card if you can acquire one, and
MythTV supports it now (perhaps existing
users of the Ceton can provide more directed
feedback as to how well it works).