[mythtv-users] Retina Mac frontend playing in 1/4 of the screen?

Adrian Hains ahains at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 21:26:42 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 8:20 AM, Jon Raiford <Raiford at labware.com> wrote:

> I have one of the new MacBook Pro's (15" retina) running macOS Sierra.
> When I play a recorded show, the video plays in the bottom-left corner of
> the display.  Is there an option somewhere to fix this?
>
> I'm running from a macports install.

I had a similar issue on a mac desktop, and was able to force the desired
resolution from the command-line. You can run:
mythfrontend --help
to see the set of supported arguments, and I believe I did something like:
mythfrontend --geometry 1920x1080

I believe I found this "--help" option from
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Override_settings

Hope that helps!
-Adrian