[mythtv-users] Warning: Do not install nvidia-304.132 package

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 17:20:18 UTC 2016

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 3:00 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> Ubuntu's problem is not people not reporting issues, including this
> exact one we have on hand.  This issue has already been reported at
> least as far back on Nov. 04:

You mean after Ubuntu released the
updated packages?

304.132 (from nvidia) was released on
September 26th to the public, which
appears to suggest that no one reported
the issue during the 37 days between
the upstream release, and Ubuntu
shipping the updated package (presumably
because no one reported issues to them
until after the Ubuntu package was released).

If Ubuntu shipped after someone provided
a reproducer during that testing period,
I would agree, bad on Ubuntu for ignoring
them.  If, on the other hand (and based on
your "earliest date" report) no one tested
(or did not report any issues) for the 37 days
before they made the packages available,
well, look elsewhere for where the bad
should be placed, for once shipped you
cannot go back and erase history (well,
you can try, but book burning tends to