[mythtv-users] MySQL recordedseek regularly getting corrupted

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 10:59:44 UTC 2016

On 1 December 2016 at 20:50, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 9:35 AM, Håkon Alstadheim
> <hakon at alstadheim.priv.no> wrote:
>> Better yet:
>
> First, as previously stated, check what directory
> is being used using the show variables statement.
> The mysql tmpdir can point anywhere (I seem to
> recall some early recommendations to set
> tmpdir at /dev/shm by some before using tmpfs
> for /tmp became more prevalent).

I did posted the value earlier
mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE '%tmpdir%';
+-------------------+-------+
| Variable_name     | Value |
+-------------------+-------+
| slave_load_tmpdir | /tmp  |
| tmpdir            | /tmp  |
+-------------------+-------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

it's definitely on the SSD

I'm on ubuntu 14.04.
It has a Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220 v3 @ 3.10GHz; 32GB ECC RAM.
Main disk is a 128GB Samsung 850 SSD.

/ is only used for the service it runs, that is mysql, mythbackend,
VNC, Azureus and AirVideo HD server.
Everything else is mounted (all storage groups) via NFSv3 on a FreeNAS
box (12x4GB WD Red disks, in RAIZ2 configuration, (actually 2xRAIDZ2),
so 2 redundancy disks for every 6 disks; 4 in total).

This has only occurred since upgrading to Ubuntu 14.04 about 5 months
ago, where I also took the opportunity to change the SSD from a 64GB
intel MLC to a 128GB disk and converting the partition to BTRFS.
Didn't upgrade to 16.04 for multiple reasons:
1- I had issues with my mother board
2- the ext->btrfs is no longer working in recent kernels.