[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend will not start

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 23:25:19 UTC 2016

On 08/31/2016 06:02 PM, Jack McGee wrote:
>> Aug 31 12:14:34 mythuser-ZBOX-ID84 mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[3437]: E CoreContext mythdbcon.cpp:229 (OpenDatabase)
>> [DBManager1] Unable to connect to database!
>> Aug 31 12:14:34 mythuser-ZBOX-ID84 mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[3437]: E CoreContext mythdbcon.cpp:230 (OpenDatabase) Driver error was
>> [1/1045]:#012QMYSQL: Unable to connect#012Database error was:#012Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'192.168.0.163' (using password: YES)
>
> Another data point, I started a frontend on my desktop computer, and it connected to backend and played recordings.  So must be something wrong
> with Zotac frontend.  Any point in doing a purge uninstall and reinstall of that frontend?

I'd suggest not, although it may help, you could also
have the same configuration problem you've got now.

The frontend isn't crashing, and you're making
progress, there's just another issue there.

It may be that the host (192.168.0.16) isn't known to
mysql. Login to mysql as its root user and do:

     SHOW GRANTS FOR mythtv;

You should see lines like:

Grants for mythtv@%
GRANT USAGE ON mythconverg.* TO 'mythtv'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '*0B12C4807C55388A7F63EB778D761DFD17D72857'

That's your Tj4zOBwM password encrypted above ^^^. The one in config.xml
for the user that's starting the frontend.

The above shows all hosts (%) are allowed for user mythtv, you
could have something else.

--
Bill