[mythtv-users] MYSQL problems on upgrade to ubuntu 16.04

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 17:31:37 UTC 2016

On 08/28/2016 12:06 PM, Jack McGee wrote:
> I decided to take the plunge, and upgraded  backend to 16.04.

> |I don't believe MYSQL server is running:

You're right.

> Unable to connect#012Database error was:#012Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

> |but cannot figure out how to restore them.|

Until mysqld is started, you won't be able to
restore the DB either (and may not need to.)

> |mythuser at amethi:/usr/share/mythtv$ cat /etc/mysql/my.cnf

> [client-server]
>
> # Import all .cnf files from configuration directory
> !includedir /etc/mysql/conf.d/
> !includedir /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/

If you think there's something missing in the SQL configuration,
then you must follow the includedir statements above. Look for
.cnf files in each of the above directories.

But before going there, how about looking at the mysql error log:

     sudo cat /var/log/mysql/error.log

to see if it will tell you why it's not starting. Also, try:

     journalctl --unit mysqld.service
     systemctl status -l -n999 mysqld.service

--
Bill