[mythtv-users] 0.28 recorded programmes

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Aug 23 02:56:55 UTC 2016

On 08/21/2016 07:09 AM, John Smith wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is a strange one.
>
> I’ve been running mythtv now since 0.21 I think – certainly since
> 2009... I've just upgraded my Backend from 0.27 to 0.28-3. I'm running
> Fedora 24 on my backend box.
>
> I've also upgraded my main frontend as a fresh install of Mythbuntu 16.04.
>
> All seems to be well (after uninstalling mythmusic) but when I look at
> "Recorded Programmes", I only see 12 out of over 3000 recordings :( .
> However, if I go to filter, it shows me that I have all of my
> recordings... and I can see them there in "Previous recordings" too.
>
> Does anyone have any idea why these (all 2011 and before –
> coincidence?) recording are showing up, but none of the recent stuff is?
>
> I’ve tried to change the group filter... The group filter shows me
> that there are for example 1300 programmes in the "Entertainment"
> group, but selecting it reduces my list of 12 programmes down to just
> 3. Selecting All or Default takes me back to 12.
>
> The same happens on three different frontends (Fedora, Mythbuntu and
> raspberry pi) so I'm sure it's a backend issue somehow. I've just
> noticed that EIT is also failing to collect schedule data too (I only
> have one day left now :( ).
>
> I've just tried to uninstall mythtv* using dnf and reinstalling, and
> re-importing my 0.27 database backup and re-upgrading... but the
> symptoms persist.
>
> Pulling hair out now – can anyone help please?

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Why_aren.27t_my_new_recordings_showing_up_in_Watch_Recordings.3F

Check the view, also.

However, regarding the filter, you said, "Selecting All or Default takes
me back to 12."  Did you mean that selecting "All Programs" takes you to
12?  If you have a group called "All", it's not the same as "All
Programs" (which is all programs).  Note, too, that Default is not "All
Programs" (it is only those programs in a recording group called
"Default"--which is where recordings are put by default unless you
and/or your recording rule(s) change the recording's recording group.)

Mike