[mythtv-users] WebFrontend mod_proxy configuration

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Mon Aug 22 11:57:53 UTC 2016

On 04/08/16 01:45, Anthony Giggins wrote:
> Having recently taken the plunge into 0.28 (it was rather painless
> except for some libmyth dependancy issues during the initial upgrade)
> does anyone have a working mod_proxy configuration for the new
> WebFrontend (yes I know its not yet feature complete, just trying to get
> ahead of the game)
>
> typically what I do is use mod_proxy on my external webserver to proxy
> and authenticate mythweb connections to the internal mythweb server, I'm
> hoping on doing the same for the webfrontend but its proving overly
> difficult due to the numerous endpoints and all expecting to be relative
> to /
>
> Below is what I do for mythweb
>
> ProxyPass /mythweb http://mythtv/mythweb
> ProxyPassReverse /mythweb http://mythtv/mythweb
>
> which doesn't work for the WebFrontend
>
> ProxyPass /mythwebf http://mythtv:6544
> ProxyPassReverse /mythwebf http://mythtv:6544

I've explored this a bit as well, and we are lacking
proper support for the connection being proxied via an
external webserver.

Not to mention there is a websocket port which needs
to be proxied as well. That one day may be merged with
the main port, but it hasn't happened yet.

Regards
Stuart Auchterlonie