[mythtv-users] 0.28 on gentoo

Håkon Alstadheim hakon at alstadheim.priv.no
Fri Aug 12 20:15:08 UTC 2016

Den 12. aug. 2016 16:01, skrev John Drescher:
> I see there was a long discussion thread about the 0.28 ebuilds but no
> new news on that front for several months. How well does 0.28
> currently work on gentoo?
I'm running with systemd, and 0.28 works pretty well for me, except one
channel never gets any descriptions from EIT. Can't imagine that is
gentoo's fault though. Unmask it and try.

If you are not using systemd, I'd save /etc/init.d/mythbackend (or
whatever it is named)  from 0.27 first, and maybe tweak the init scripts
after install. mythbackend offers comprehensive command-line help, so
tweaking startup is quite easy.