[mythtv-users] Group/user numbers changing on 16.04??

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Mon Aug 8 19:06:49 UTC 2016

To fix things or to upgrade to new versions of Mythbuntu, I just rebuild my boot drive and leave my Storage directory drives alone.  Same thing for network attached drives on a NAS.
The problem is the user mythtv and group mythtv have changed numbers.  Mythtv group usesd to be 124 and mythtv user was 115.  Now on the reinstall mythtv group is now 121 and mythtv user is 123.
This is more of an issue for NAS drives/files since I have lots of them. I can always recreate and format the storage directory drives since I don't upgrade or reinstall when there are recordings on the system.
Is there an easy way to handle this?  I tried changing the owner and group on the NAS, but I got permissions issues even when doing it as SU.
Jim A